So someone who has been reading my blog gave me the brilliant idea of a “the poem of the day” series (not sure if I can mention her name here). Now I do not think that I will be doing this everyday, but I might do this a few times.
I do have a small rule/guideline for this. Some poems I will explain before, after, as I post them, I feel like they have a background that needs to be known in order for the poem to be read correctly. When I do not do this it is because I would like you to freely interpret the poem and attach your own meaning to it and party because I sometimes do not want to share the meanings behind certain poems :P, if you want to know those, get to know me ;).
So I am going to post the first poem now, I decided to start with something that most of you know already.
What changes the definition of community?
- The definition of community has developed from offline transferring it into the online world.
What it was before was constructed as a group-base forum from a single particular area. If you dwell from the referred area, you automatically become a part of that community -This definition is obsolete. In the online world, social interactions are no longer confined by physical presence. This makes them more mobile and flexible, growing parallel with technology innovation and the rapid transformation of society -This leads to a next level of demand towards simplicity, having your networks at your finger tips, which channels opportunities for the new breed of open innovator designers to devise sustainable format of online platforms and values that are future proof (this is what I’m hoping to learn from this Project Community course).
- I did a small research about what online community most of indonesian students, those who are currently studying at THUAS, use as a social media for exchanging thoughts and getting connected:
- http://www.kaskus.co.id -The Largest Indonesian Community; this forum helps the students to keep updated of discussions for whatever’s happening in Indonesia and all over the Globe.
- https://www.facebook.com -One of the Largest Social Networking in the World; since they’re studying abroad, this platform not only helps them keeping in touch with their families and friends but also a media for sharing their lists of personal interests, contact information and other personal information to get attached with others who have something in common stated on their profile.
- https://www.twitter.com -An Online Social Networking Service and Microblogging Service; mostly used for pointless babble, conversational, pass-along value, self-promotion, spam, news.
- http://www.youtube.com -A Video Sharing Website; when things get dull and boring or feeling lonely, they know just the resource to look for :p